Dawn Of The Storm
A distrustful half-elf ranger on the run from a murder he didn't commit.
- Battle in the Center of the Mind Mind: Raltar, under the influence of Glynndark magic, resolves to destroy the source of the corruption in his mind. Nicholas and Raltar venture into his mindscape, and duke it out with Raltar Glynndark.
- The Corrupter: Raltar was tricked by an elven Flyndark into accepting his magic. This had noticeable effects on his personality, and eventually these changes manifested themselves as two versions of hims’elf at conflict within his own soul.
- Enemy Within: Raltar has a second version of himself, decked out in Elven, arcane magic bouncing around in his mind and soul.
- Forest Ranger: Raltar is a Wood Elf Ranger. He is as forest-ranger-y as you can get.
- Frame-Up: Raltar was framed by his family for the murder of a SEAL-like Ranger operative, and is now on the run.
- Journey to the Center of the Mind: Raltar makes one of these into Nicholas’s mind, in order to see exactly how NIcholas separated his otherworldly influences from his own personhood.
- Mental World: Raltar created one of these.
- Power at a Price: Raltar makes a deal with a Glyndark to absorb his magic in exchange for helping him complete a simple find-and-retrieve quest.
- Socially Awkward Hero: Raltar can’t handle people, but he lands arrows with machine-like precision.
- Telepathy: Raltar regularly communicates with Nicholas through telepathy, causing Raltar to be highly familiarized with Nicholas’s mental presence.
- True Companions: Nicholas and Raltar. The two of them hit it off immediately, and have formed a bond stronger than just friendship. This includes Nicholas talking Raltar down from shooting (and probably killing) Harthum.